Print out a copy of this checklist, so you’ll have it ready as you’re getting ready for market each week.
- Tables & tablecloths
- A scale (make sure it is appropriately licensed through the ODA!)
- Canopy & Weights
- Bags for product-paper or reusable are best, plastic for meats
- Pen, notebook
- Containers to display your products
- Price tags
- Display items, such as scissors, tape, and chalk
- Marketing materials for your business
- Business cards
- Banner clearly displaying the name of your business
- Handwashing station if you are offering samples
- All of the items you’ll need to be comfortable for the day: rubber boots, rain gear, warm socks, a mat to stand on, drinking water, snacks, a chair, etc
- A big smile! People are coming to the farmers market to see YOU, as well as your products!