Stir Fried Glass Noodles with Farmers Market Veggies
From Chef Anh Luu, Tapalaya
Yields 4 servings
4-bundles of dry bean thread noodles
¼-Cup garlic, minced
¼-Cup black bean paste
1-tablespoon sambal chili paste
1 lime, juiced
2-tablespoon fish sauce (can be omitted for vegan/vegetarian diets)
½-teaspoon black pepper
2-quarts veggies – whatever is available at your local farmers market!
*I like to use a combo of leafy greens (kale, spinach, or chard), squash, mushrooms, or root veggies. Anything goes!
1. Prep your vegetables. Clean, slice, and dice to the size of your liking!
2. Soak your bean thread noodles in luke warm water for 10-15 minutes prior to cooking. The noodles will not cook properly if they are not rehydrated!
3. Heat a large sauté pan with cooking oil.
4. Sauté raw veggies for 5 minutes
5. Add garlic, black bean paste, sambal chili paste, fish sauce and H2O.
6. Stir and simmer together for 10-15 minutes
7. Add your rehydrated glass noodles and toss together. (The noodles will cook instantly!)
8. If mixture looks dry just add more water!
9. Finish with squeeze of lime and black pepper
10. Top with fresh herbs if desired! (cilantro, basil, mint, sorrel, etc)