But the pie contest needs you to make it happen. Whether you have the recipe that won your Aunt Ethel the blue ribbon in the state fair, or you’ve never baked a pie before, your pie will be welcomed and adored at the Pumpkin Pie Contest. Points will be awarded for deliciousness, creativity and visual appeal. Happy baking!
· Pies entered for judging must be made with fresh pumpkin (or other squash) purchased at the Hollywood Farmers Market. Please list the farm’s name and type of squash used.
· Pie crust and filling must be prepared and baked by the person submitting the pie for judging.
· Entries must include entry form and original recipe listing all ingredients and method in order to be considered for judging.
· Pie plates will not be returned to contestants, so we encourage you to submit pies in a recyclable pie plate.
· All pies submitted for judging become the property of the Hollywood Farmers Market and may not be returned to you in time for dessert.
· Entries will be accepted from 9am until 10am. Judging will begin promptly at 10:30am, with winners announced at 12:00 noon.