Our dog policy offers customers both dog-free hours and hours when dogs are allowed in the Market.
Hollywood Farmers Market-Portland, Oregon
From 8am to 10am on market days, (9am to 10am from October through March) dogs are not allowed in the Market.
From 10am to 1pm, dogs are welcome in the market in accordance with the market’s other dog-related rules (see below). If a dog is not behaving in accordance with those rules, the market staff or volunteers will ask that the owner remove it immediately.
Service dogs will be allowed at all times in the market, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Our dog policy began in 2009 and continues due to the positive response we have received from customers and vendors. We have signs with the dog policy posted and our staff and volunteers enforce the policy.
Customers who bring dogs to the market need to follow these rules:
- Dogs must be kept on a short, non-expandable leash. No exceptions.
- Keep your dog under control and by your side at all times.
- Keep dogs away from produce, plants and other food products. This means head and tail ends!
- Your dog must be sociable to people and other dogs to earn the right to shop at the market.
- Not everyone is a dog lover: Be considerate.
- Come prepared to clean up after your dog!
- Dogs are only allowed at the market between 10am and 1pm.
While other farmers markets in our area have banned dogs, we have opted instead to adopt a policy that seeks to accommodate all community members, including those who support dogs at the market and those who do not.