The Hollywood Farmers Market would not be possible without the help of many volunteers. Volunteers sit on the Board of Directors, write newspaper articles, and keep the market running every Saturday during the season.
Being a volunteer for the Hollywood Farmers Market means meeting great people in your neighborhood, learning about the market and the importance of fresh local foods, and most of all … having fun!
Market Day Volunteer Opportunities
- Setup: Help set up canopies, umbrellas, tables, chairs, and signs from 7:00 to 8:00 AM. This position can include heavy lifting and is one of our greatest volunteer needs.
- Greeter: Answer questions, help with crowd counts, and/or hand out fliers from 8:00 to 10:30 AM or 10:30 to 1:00 PM. This volunteer role involves interaction with customers and vendors more than any other.
- Information Booth: Sell water and merchandise and answer questions from 8:00 to 10:30 AM or 10:30 to 1:00 PM.
- Customer Pick-Up: Staff the customer pick-up location where customers can leave purchases while they retrieve their vehicles. Can rotate duties with the regular greeter shifts from 8:00 to 10:30 AM or 10:30 to 1:00 PM.
- Breakdown: Help take down canopies, umbrellas, tables, chairs, and signs from 12:45 to 2:00 PM.
- Gleaners: Collect vendor donations for gleaning program from 12:45 to 1:15 PM.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
The Hollywood Farmers Market is looking for enthusiastic Board members that can help the market thrive! Needed skills and expertise include:
- food systems
- staff management
- public relations
- general administration
- Put your skills to work repairing damaged items such as wagons and signs.
- Help keep the market looking fresh by spending time weeding or cleaning up trash around the market.
- Contribute to our weekly e-newsletter as a writer, reporter or editor.
- Distribute posters and flyers to your favorite cafes, shops and public places.
- Take photos at the market of volunteers, customers, and farmers.
- Write articles for community publications.
- Create printed materials such as flyers, schedules, posters and other promotional items.
If you are a current volunteer, login here to check the schedule, sign up for shifts, and track your volunteer hours.
If you are interested in signing up for a volunteer shift, please fill out our Volunteer Application Form. Once we have received your online form our Community Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to schedule your first shift.