HFM Approved Policy
Community groups (or individuals) who fill the community booth spaces at the market:
1. Must be aligned with Hollywood Farmers’ Market values, as follows:
- Pride – We believe the presence of a vital, high quality farmers’ market enhances our neighborhood’s distinct character.
- Community -We believe that nurturing relationships in shared public spaces builds neighborhoods.
- Food Focus – We concentrate on produce to support regional farmers, a healthy local food system and a healthy community.
- Trusteeship – We believe we have an obligation always to be mindful of the market’s integrity, sustainability and prosperity.
- Education – We believe in providing educational experiences related to healthy communities and sustainability.
- Civic Participation – We believe that informal social gatherings of neighbors in open public spaces encourage civic participation in our community.
- Volunteerism –We believe that volunteers and an active and supported volunteer program are essential to the success of our market and a healthy community.
- Fun- We believe that involvement in HFM should be enjoyable and rewarding.
2. Must be not-for-profit;
3. Cannot trade or transfer scheduled date to another group without the consent of community volunteer coordinator;
4. Cannot sell items from the booth (this includes raffle tickets), or fundraise (this includes donation jars and in kind services);
5. Cannot sell or hand-out food or beverage items;
6. Cannot be political in a partisan manner or sectarian;
7. Are welcome to attend for more than one community booth per season as the schedule allows.
1. The Community Volunteer Coordinator will distribute the policy with the booth instructions.
2. The Community Volunteer Coordinator, with the support of the Market Manager, will work to enforce the policy during the market if any groups are in violation of the stipulations.
Board Approved June 16, 2004
revised March 15, 2006
revised June 20, 2007