YIELD: 4 servings
TIME: 10 minutes
• ¾ cup sliced radishes
• 1 ¼ cups sugar snap peas, sliced
• 1 cup ricotta salata, crumbled
• 1/3 cup mint leaves, torn
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
• Pinch kosher salt, more to taste
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, toss together the radishes, peas, ricotta and mint.
2. Using a knife or a mortar and pestle, make a paste of the garlic and salt. Place in a small
bowl and add the lemon juice and balsamic vinegar and stir well to combine. Drizzle in
the olive oil, stirring constantly, and add pepper to taste.
3. Pour dressing over salad and toss well to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper
(Recipe from https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1012582-sugar-snap-pea-salad-with-radishes-mint-and-ricotta-salata)
Carrot and Beet Slaw with Pistachios and Raisins
YIELD: 6 servings
TIME: 1 hr 15 min
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• ¾ cup golden raisins
• ¼ cup white wine vinegar
• 6 medium carrots (about 1 lb.), peeled, julienned
• 2 medium beets (any color; about 1 lb.), peeled, julienned
• ½ cup (packed) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
• ¼ cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
• 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• ¾ cup unsalted, shelled raw pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spread out pistachios on a small rimmed baking sheet; toast,
stirring occasionally until golden brown, 6–8 minutes. Let cool; coarsely chop.
2. Combine garlic, raisins, and vinegar in a large bowl; let sit 1 hour.
3. Remove garlic from raisin mixture and discard. Add carrots, beets, pistachios, parsley,
mint, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper and toss to
combine. Add oil; toss gently.
(Recipe from https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/carrot-and-beet-slaw-with-pistachios-and-raisins)