It’s that season again, when damp guests are greeted with the warm smells of toasted nutmeg, allspice and baked pastry dough. Pumpkin pie has a cozy-factor that is nearly unbeatable, which is why the 7th Annual Pumpkin Pie Contest is gracing the Hollywood Farmers Market on Saturday, November 7th.
But the pie contest needs you to make it happen. Whether you have the recipe that won your Aunt Ethel the blue ribbon in the state fair, or you’ve never baked a pie before, your pie will be welcomed and adored at the Pumpkin Pie Contest. Points will be awarded for deliciousness, creativity and visual appeal. Happy baking!
· Pies entered for judging must be made with fresh pumpkin (or other squash) purchased at the Hollywood Farmers Market. Please list the farm’s name and type of squash used.
· Entries must include entry form and original recipe listing all ingredients and method in order to be considered for judging.
· We cannot guarantee that your pie plate will be returned, so we encourage you to submit pies in a recyclable pie plate. If you would like your pie plate returned, please make sure your name is affixed to the bottom of the pie plate.
· All pies submitted for judging become the property of the Hollywood Farmers Market and may not be returned to you in time for dessert.
· Entries will be accepted from 9am until 10am at the HFM information booth (corner of 44th and Hancock). Judging will begin promptly at 10:30am, with winners announced at 12:00 noon.