The Hollywood Farmers Market would not be possible without the help of many volunteers. Volunteers sit on the Board of Directors, write articles, take photos, create videos, and of course, keep the market running every Saturday.
Being a volunteer for the Hollywood Farmers Market means meeting great people in your neighborhood, learning about the market and the importance of fresh local foods, and most of all … having fun!
MARKET DAY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Setup: Help set up canopies, umbrellas, tables, chairs, and signs. This position can include heavy lifting.
- Greeters move throughout the market answering questions and directing customers to their favorite vendors. Greeters give breaks to market vendors, take pictures, hand out dog biscuits and handbills, and perform the hourly customer count. This volunteer role involves more interaction with customers and vendors than any other.
- Information Booth volunteers run the Hollywood Farmers Market booth. Duties include answering customer questions, selling market merchandise, and more.
- Breakdown: Help take down canopies, umbrellas, tables, chairs, and signs. This position can include heavy lifting.
OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
The Hollywood Farmers Market is looking for enthusiastic Board members that can help the market thrive! Needed skills and expertise include:
- food systems
- staff management
- public relations
- general administration
If you’re interested in joining the Board, you can apply online here. For the three-year term beginning January 2018, applications are due by October 9, 2017. For more information about the Board, please contact the Board Chair at email@example.com.
- Contribute to our weekly e-newsletter as a market writer or reporter.
- Distribute posters and flyers to your favorite cafes, shops and public places.
- Take photos at the market of volunteers, customers, and farmers.
- Write articles for community publications.
- Create printed materials such as flyers, schedules, posters and other promotional items.
If you are a current volunteer, login here to check the schedule, sign up for shifts, and track your volunteer hours.
If you are interested in signing up for a volunteer shift, please fill out our Volunteer Application Form. Once we have received your online form Ari Rosner, our Market Coordinator, will contact you to schedule your first shift. You can also email Ari at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.