Operating the Hollywood Farmers Market in a safe way is our top priority, and we are implementing significant precautionary measures to protect the health of our shoppers, vendors and the community as a whole. These precautionary measures will be updated as necessary – please check back for the most up-to-date information.
Please attend the farmers market in an efficient manner, as we want to have the smallest crowds possible. We ask for shoppers to remain 6 feet apart at all times.
- If you have any symptoms or believe that you may have been exposed to the novel coronavirus, please stay home.
- If at all possible, send only one member of your household to shop at the market, and leave pets at home. Talk to your neighbors, and consider sending one shopper for multiple households if you can.
- Please observe our vulnerable population shopping hour from 8am to 9am.
- Following guidance from both the CDC and Governor Brown’s office, we require shoppers to wear a mask or face covering to market. Face shields may not be used as a substitute for face coverings/masks.
- Come prepared with a list of items to decrease the amount of time spent at the market.
- Read signage at market and follow instructions – there will be entrances and exits to larger booths, marked spaces for standing in line, and limits to the number of people who can be in a booth at one time.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently using the options provided.
- Only handle produce that you are buying and take the item on the top of the pile.
- After completing your purchases, please do not linger in the market space.
Additionally, we are taking the following precautions to make our market safe:
- Spacing booths farther apart
- Limiting the number of shoppers in the market at a time, and queuing shoppers at entrances when we are at capacity
- Canceling music, entertainment and special events until further notice
- Removing all seating
- Restricting hot food sales to take out only
- Limiting sampling to individual portions provided by vendor
- Requiring vendors to have hand sanitizer or hand washing station available at checkout
- Requiring vendors to wear face masks while selling at the market
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces frequently
- Asking that sick staff, vendors or customers stay home and not attend market
Thank you all for helping us all stay safe and healthy!