The mission of the Hollywood Farmers Market (HFM) is to celebrate the bounty of Oregon agriculture through the operation of a community-based farmers’ market and other ventures that support small farmers and healthy urban neighborhoods.
- Pride – We believe the presence of a vital, high quality farmers’ market enhances our neighborhood’s distinct character.
- Community – We believe that nurturing relationships in shared public spaces builds neighborhoods.
- Food Focus – We concentrate on produce to support regional farmers, a healthy local food system and a healthy community.
- Equity – We believe that everyone deserves access to fresh, local food from their neighborhood farmers market.
- Trusteeship – We believe we have an obligation always to be mindful of the market’s integrity, sustainability and prosperity.
- Education – We believe in providing educational experiences related to healthy communities and sustainability.
- Civic Participation – We believe that informal social gatherings of neighbors in open public spaces encourage civic participation in our community.
- Volunteerism – We believe that volunteers and an active and supported volunteer program are essential to the success of our market and a healthy community.
- Fun – We believe that involvement in the Hollywood Farmers Market should be enjoyable and rewarding.